New for Spring 2020!
Online Photography Education
PLACEHOLDER! CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS WHILE I BUILD THIS PAGE!
Information on this page is for Silverthorne Course. I will be updating this page soon!
This Basic Digital Photography 10-week course will push your technical, creative and software skills to new highs! Join Matt this summer for a new offering from the Town of Silverthorne!
- Ten weekly sessions conveniently scheduled after average work schedules (6-9 p.m.).
- An energetic mix of technical skills, active photography, follow-up critiques. Continued availability after course ends!
- Personalized attention and help outside of class.
- Tripods available FREE!
ONLY $325 (early sign-up before June 3rd. $350 after June 3rd)
June - August, 2020
Start Date: June 10 End Date: Aug. 12
Please check back for updates and class-related news.
Dates: Wednesdays - 6-9 p.m.
Location: Silverthorne Pavilion 400 Blue River Pkwy, Silverthorne, CO 80498
Register now and save $50!
Basic Digital Photography topics covered:
- Basic Camera layout & menus
- Aperture & Shutter as Creative Controls
- F-stop & Shutter as Exposure Controls
- Exposure meters, Zone System, Histogram
- Inside the Digital Camera
Vision & Seeing topics covered:
- Compositional guidelines & the math behind the beauty
- Adapting your vision & Seeing how the camera sees
- Focal length to capture your vision
- Getting it right IN the camera, not fixing it in Photoshop
- Seeing light & learning to meter to capture what you see
- Metering, the Zone System & your Histogram
- What's the difference?
- Which program is right for me?
- Basics of Workflow
- Digital Asset Management
Camera Equipment needed
D-SLR, mirrorless or compact capable of:
- Manual Exposure
- Display of Histogram
- Memory cards (SD Cards)
Feel free to contact me for help choosing a camera.
Computer Equipment needed
- External Hard Drives
- recommended: (2) drives
- 1 - 1 TB and 1 - 2 or 3 TB for backups.
- recommended: (2) drives
- Laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Visit Adobe.com for the CC Photography Plan
- USB Drive with my Basic Digital Photography PowerPoint presentation, helpful PDF guides and more!
- Printed Syllabus detailing class topics
"Even though I missed the first couple of classes, Matt made me feel welcome and made sure that I didn’t miss any material. Matt is always willing to answer questions, in class and outside of class, and is so enthusiastic about photography."
"It was fantastic to get together once a week with a group of people who also wanted to learn more about photography (and it was totally fine, even helpful, that we all were at different levels...). Dedicating a couple hours once a week is the best way to learn and to practice."
"Matt has helped me learn the basics of shooting - shutter speed, lighting, aperture, depth of field, ISO and RAW. He has taught us how to store our photos and how to edit them. All of this has helped me understand my camera quite a bit more."
"Matt has so much experience, enthusiasm and knowledge about photography. The class is a bargain price - well worth the cost! The Power Point presentation alone is invaluable. I highly recommend this class!"
Fill out the registration form and Matt will be in contact with you.